I am a professional Kansan and I live in this circle.
Hi! I’m Jon Korte. 😀
I am a lifelong learner. I’ve had the honor of working with brilliant people, friends who I taught and learned from alike, who challenged me to think in more efficient and focused ways. Their advice and insights have helped me grow into who I am now. I am truly thankful for them.
My trajectory has been rather unpredictable: I’ve found myself working on web apps for both a bank and payday loan company and then, not a year later, found myself modernizing legacy airplane component analyses using MBSE.
That unpredictability is what excites me.
Interested? Here’s my resume!
There’s so much more to learn, and I try to capture what I do learn on my blog. Knowledge is not for hoarding, so pass it ’round!
- I have been a self-taught artist for 19 years.
- I used to be in an Irish band for 7.5 years. It was dope.
- I own too many instruments.
- I have been Reverb.com sober since September 17th, 2020.
- I’ve played Irish mandolin since 2010, Irish bouzouki since 2011, Irish guitar since 2014, Irish fiddle since 2017, and Irish banjo + Irish tenor guitar since 2019. (Most of these are tuned the exact same—efficient learning is key. 😉)
- I speak Connacht Irish more than anyone asks me to.
- I am very German.
- I love whiskey.
- I garden.
- I sing.
- If A=1 and Z=26, then there are no even-numbered vowels. This is not very amazing but it still makes me smile.